We can now confirm that the remaining two qualifications: Signature Level 1 Award in Deaf Awareness and Communication and Signature Level 2 Award in Irish Sign Language have been accredited and are now on the new Qualifications & Credit Framework (QCF) for first teaching from September 2009.
All five Signature qualification’s accredited titles are listed below; to know more about any changes to each qualification, just click on the title:
- Signature Level 1 Award in British Sign Language (qualification ref: 500/6070/3)
- Signature Level 2 Certificate in British Sign Language (qualification ref: 500/6105/7)
- Signature Level 1 Award in Irish Sign Language (qualification ref: 500/6090/9)
- Signature Level 2 Certificate in Irish Sign Language (qualification ref: 500/6135/5)
- Signature Level 1 Award in Deaf Awareness and Communication (qualification ref: 500/6141/0)
What happens next?
We have an existing promise to centres that we will make no changes to our qualifications during the teaching year. As we renew accreditation for each of our qualifications over the next two years they will become Signature qualifications. The remainder of our qualifications will be accredited as Signature qualifications on the QCF. Details will be published in May 2010 for delivery in September of that year. In the meantime, all our current qualifications remain accredited on the NQF (National Qualifications Framework), and remain eligible for LSC funding.
If you have any questions, please contact your Customer Support Officer who will be happy to help.