Have your say by taking part in research about the future of text relay and other services for people who are deaf, partially deaf with or without speech.
A major research project is about to start on the subject of text relay services. The review will consider how people who are deaf or partially deaf with or without speech, currently use communications services and what they need to be able to communicate effectively with other people.
The research is being carried out by Opinion Leader, an independent research company on behalf of Ofcom, the independent body that regulates the communications industry and the services it must offer to assist people who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech difficulties.
We are looking for the following people to help us with this research:
- People who have used text relay services
- Non-users of text relay services who are deaf, partially deaf with or without speech or friends/family/work with people who are deaf or partially deaf
- People who have used other types of relay services
There are a number of different ways that you can take part in the research. These include:
- Face to face interviews or small group discussion with communications support as required
- Extended online discussion
- Short online questionnaire
- Pen and paper questionnaire that you can send back in a pre-paid envelope
- For a limited number only, a questionnaire by text relay
People who take part in the face to face or extended online discussions will receive a payment of £35 as the interviews will take up to one and a half hours.
There is limited space, but all applicants will be contacted by return email in the next few days. We will do our very best to make sure you can take part in the way you prefer.
If you are interested in taking part, please visit the registration page at http://www.oltextrelay.com
Alternatively, you may contact us at the following Freepost address:
Opinion Leader Relay Services Research Team
There are full details of the research on the registration web page, but if you need any more information, please email us at email@example.com with your name, telephone number and postal address and we will contact you directly.