Following the recent announcement that our first Signature qualification; Signature Level 1 in British Sign Language has been accredited by Ofqual, we can now confirm that two further qualifications have been accredited and are now also on the new Qualifications & Credit Framework (QCF).
Available for delivery from 1 September 2009, all three Signature qualification’s accredited titles are listed below; to know more about any changes to each qualification, just click on the title:
- Signature Level 1 Award in British Sign Language (qualification ref: 500/6070/3)
- Signature Level 1 Award in Irish Sign Language (qualification ref: 500/6090/9)
- Signature Level 2 Certificate in British Sign Language (qualification ref: 500/6105/7)
What happens next?
We have an existing promise to centres that we will make no changes to our qualifications during the teaching year. As we renew accreditation for each of our qualifications over the next two years they will become Signature qualifications. The following qualifications are awaiting approval by Ofqual to be QCF-accredited Signature qualifications, and ready for teaching from 1 September 2009:
- CACDP Level 1 Certificate in Developing Awareness and Communication with Deaf and Deafblind People
- CACDP Level 2 Certificate in Irish Sign Language
Accreditation is expected shortly, and we will email you as soon as the QCF specifications are ready on the Signature website.
The remainder of our qualifications will be accredited as Signature qualifications and on the QCF published in May 2010 for delivery in September of that year. In the meantime, all our current qualifications remain accredited on the NQF (National Qualifications Framework), and remain eligible for LSC funding.
If you have any questions, please contact your Customer Support Officer who will be happy to help.