To celebrate their 175th birthday, RAD are holding an awards ceremony in February 2016 to celebrate all that is great about Deaf history, language and culture.
There are nine award categories, they are:
- Preservation of Deaf history and culture
- Most accessible mainstream services
- Best employer of Deaf people
- Best Deaf role model
- Most significant research contribution to Deaf studies
- Best Deaf business
- Most progressive Deaf Club
- The young person award
- Most outstanding contribution made to the Deaf community
Do you know of someone or an organisation that deserves an award? Nominations are now open for all categories, visit www.royaldeafawards.org.uk/ to nominate in BSL or English.
Nominations will close at 12 noon on 13 November 2015.