The following qualification specifications for 2011-12 are now available on our website:
- Level 1 Award in Deaf Awareness and Communication
- Level 1 Award in British Sign Language
- Level 1 Award in Irish Sign Language
These are available for delivery from 1 September 2011. To view these specifications please click here.
There have been no changes to the way you deliver the qualification. Our assessors asked us for clearer unit 101 guidelines and CAR forms. In response, we have amended and improved them.
Please note that the regulations now refer to the Equality Act 2010.
The qualification specification for the following level 2 qualifications will be available soon:
- Level 2 Certificate in British Sign Language
- Level 2 Certificate in Irish Sign Language
We have changed the way the assessment for unit 202 and 203 is carried out. This is in response to the feedback you gave us at our customer focus groups.
The main changes are:
- For unit 202, the candidate will now present to their teacher
- For unit 202 and 203 assessments, candidates no longer choose their topic title on the day of assessment. They will be assessed on the theme chosen by the teacher at the start of the unit
Our other qualification specifications will also be available shortly.