We have renamed our level 3 qualification for Communication Support Workers. The new accredited title is Level 3 Certificate in Communication Support for Deaf Learners (Ref: 600/6458/4). We have made this qualification specification available on our website. This specification applies to assessments taken on or after the 1 September 2012. The assessment regulations for this qualification will be available shortly.
Learning and Skills Improvement Service (LSIS, formerly LLUK) published new units for the learning support workforce. It has amended the units for those who provide communication support for deaf people, so we have amended our qualification to match.
You should note:
- We have amended the unit titles for K311, K312, K313 and K314 to match the qualification title. Learning outcomes and assessment criteria for these units have been improved and are clearer.
- We have brought the Guided Learning Hours (GLH) into line with the other Learning Support qualifications in the portfolio. The GLH for the qualification is now 190 hours.
- The credit value for each unit has not changed.
- K315, K316, K317 and K318 units remain the same.
- Candidates who have previously achieved the CACDP unit L304 – Accessible English for Deaf and Deafblind People are exempt from unit K318.
To everyone who contributed to our consultation on these amendments, your feedback is invaluable.
Candidates registered on or after 1 September 2012 will follow the new qualification. These changes will not affect candidates registered on the Level 3 Certificate in Learning Support (Communication Support Worker). Those candidates will continue on as planned.
Resources and frequently asked questions
We are updating the resources and frequently asked questions for this qualification and will make these available shortly.
If you have any questions, please contact your Customer Support Officer who will be happy to help.