A Level 2 Award in Communicating and Guiding with Deafblind People course is being offered at Signature’s Durham office.
Venue: Signature, Mersey House, Mandale Business Park, Belmont, Durham DH1 1TH
Dates: The course will be held over five days, 19, 20, 25, 26 and 27 September 2012.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Definition and groups of deafblind people
- Effects including emotional, physical and mental well-being
- Communication methods, including Deafblind manual, Block alphabet, BSL manual alphabet, lipreading, clear speech, facial expressions, gestures and good practice techniques
- Access to information
- Safe guiding (internal and external activities), environmental information and impact on movement, orientation and mobility
- Simulation exercises
- Specific equipment available
- Legislation and services
If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.