Signature Centre Approval
BSL courses are in demand by learners of all ages.
Becoming a Signature approved centre enables you to make a difference through promoting and teaching deaf communication skills, while generating income.
As part of our ongoing commitment to our centres and learners, we continuously work with our regulator to ensure our centre approval process is the best it can be. We are proud of the challenges our qualifications provide, and we constantly exceed what is expected from us to always be fair and consistent.
Start your approval process
You must read and understand the roles and responsibilities document which gives details of the staff and resources you need to have to deliver our qualifications.
You must also read the terms and conditions of centre approval and qualification specifications and regulations for the qualifications you would like to offer. This is to ensure you are able to deliver the qualifications you are approved for.
Ready to apply
Below we explain the steps required to become a Signature Approved Centre. Our staff are on hand to answer any questions you may have and provide support along the way.
Being centre approval process
Complete the below application form to begin your application and we will create your IRIS account and send across your login details within 2 working days of your application. This is often much quicker.
Complete your IRIS account information
Now your IRIS account has been created you need to complete all the required information, including uploading the required documents listed below.
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Appeals Policy
- Complaints Policy
- Malpractice Policy
- Health & Safety Policy
- Safeguarding Policy
- Withdrawal of Qualification Policy
- Teaching, Assessing and Internal Verification Staff Certificates
- Assessment Plans (estimated dates when assessments will take place)
- Estimated number of learners and class sizes
- A signed and dated copy of the Terms and Conditions of Centre Approval
Submit your centre approval form
Submit the centre approval form within IRIS to confirm you have done all the required elements. At this point we will review and complete a financial/credit check on your centre. We aim to verify within 2 working days.
We will then contact you to arrange a centre visit, where we will discuss various processes with you. The visit will take place as soon as we can arrange it but must be completed within 6 months of you being given Initial Approval Status.
When we are confident all the above criteria has been met, you will be given Approval Status and be able to deliver Signature qualifications.
What we give our centres in return
We want our centres to succeed and enjoy delivering our qualifications. Once you’re up and running as a Signature centre, we’ll give you:
- Accreditation from the UK’s leading awarding body in deaf communication qualifications and access to our extensive portfolio of leading qualifications
- Access to IRIS, our straightforward portal for managing your assessments and payments
- A dedicated Customer Support Officer to answer any of your queries
- Effective, online training for teachers who want to know more about assessment criteria, better prepare students for assessments and access new learning resources on the Signature Learning Hub (additional fee)
What does it cost?
We will always be transparent and honest about our prices. Our Fees Booklet outlines the full costs of our qualifications including annual approval, registration fees and administration fees.
To find out more about delivering Signature courses, call us on 0191 383 1155.