In your day-to-day duties you may have to:
- A lipspeaker may be asked to lipspeak whilst using their voice, using clear communication techniques, thus enabling the lipreader to benefit from any residual hearing.
- If requested, lipspeakers can relay a deaf person’s voice.
- Lipspeakers are required to undertake specific and tailored Legal training before being able to accept work and support d/Deaf people in the Legal domain.
- For assignments that are more than two hours long, it is suggested that two lipspeakers would be required. We can advise if this is necessary on a case-by-case basis.
- Some lipspeakers have British Sign Language (BSL) skills and can offer lipspeaking with additional sign support, if requested by the lipreader. Find out more about Lipspeaking with Additional Sign.
- All of our Lipspeakers are NRCPD registered and badges must be carried with them at all times. (Lipspeaker UK)