Signature are pleased to confirm that the BSL and ISL 101 units below have been accredited by Ofqual.
British Sign Language (BSL)
- BSL101 – Introduction to BSL (Frontline Staff)
- BSL101 – Introduction to BSL (Healthcare)
- BSL101 – Introduction to BSL (Young People)
Irish Sign Language (ISL)
- ISL101 – Introduction to ISL (Frontline Staff)
- ISL101 – Introduction to ISL (Healthcare)
- ISL101 – Introduction to ISL (Young People)
These new units are designed for young learners and people who work in healthcare or frontline staff such as retail, hotels, restaurants and leisure centres.
This unit can be achieved separately but to achieve the full Level 1 Award the learner will need to complete units BSL/ISL102 and BSL/ISL103.
Centres who are already approved for BSL/ISL101 can register for the new units free of charge.
When you register new candidates please make sure that you now select the correct BSL/ISL101 unit.
Candidate Assessment Record (CAR)
There are now CAR forms for each BSL/ISL101 unit. Please can you complete the correct form when carrying out an assessment.
If you need any further assistance please contact us and we will be happy to help.